Thursday, January 26, 2012

antique jewelry I like

I hope you enjoy these photos. I really love antique jewelry and if I could purchase objects like these , price being no object, I'd have a closetful. But I choose to collect photos of jewelry I admire. Below, you will find a selection that includes Codognato, Iradj Moini, possibly Krementz...I have a sketchbook that is filled with collaged photos of clothing, jewelry, paintings, architecture, furniture and other lovely objects. I will photograph some of the pages and post the pictures in the near future...When I say I like antique jewelry, I refer to a host of periods and styles. I love Georgian and Victorian sentimental jewelry. I love ancient Greek and Scythian objects. I love jewels from the Middle Ages and Renaissance, all for different reasons. I guess I really enjoy seeing the hand of the artist in the work. The same goes for paintings, too, in terms of seeing the artist's hand in the work.


















No comments:

Post a Comment